Friday, July 18, 2008

A New way of Seeing Things

I am preparing for my second semester away from CLU. This fall I'm bound for Balliol College at Oxford University. I hope to blog my thoughts and experiences as I study where so many of the world's best and brightest have changed the course of history. C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Steven Hawking, and Richard Dawkins are but a few on the laundry list of Oxford scholars which also includes the only American President to study at Oxford, Bill Clinton.

At present I am an interesting mix of emotion. My excitement is constantly dueling with my nerves, and Dr. Brint's e-mails about the expectations and academic rigor of our program have me pretty freaked out. (Apparently we will be reading 2000 pages a week) I can't honestly say I accomplish that in a month. Luckily, I will have this blog, an effective procrastination tool. I hope to write candidly about the people, places, and ideas encountered at Oxford and subsequently on my nomadic adventures through Europe.

1 comment:

RBrit said...

2000 pages? Here's hoping for lots of pictures.